Instructions for Life in the new millennium from the Dalai Lama:
|This is what
The Dalai Lama has to say on the millennium, which began 01/01/2001.
1. Take into account that great love and
great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R's: Respect for self,
respect for others, responsibility for all
4. Remember that not getting what you want
is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
|5. Learn the
rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then
when you get older
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones,
deal only with the current
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship
is one in which your love for
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with